Anchor TopWifiSecure TopWifiSecure
Ithaca College provides secure wireless connection through :
the IthacaCollege network.
If you need assistance configuring your connection, please contact the DIIS Service Desk in Job Hall 104 or call (607) 274-1000 during regular business hours.
The ICAirnet-Secure network is being replaced by the new IthacaCollege network. This network is available in all academic and administrative areas and provides a secure, encrypted connection.
Windows computers require one or more configuration files be installed the first time the connection is made.
Setting up ICAirnet-Secure
- Follow the steps for your operating system to connect to ICAirnet-Secure
- A valid Netpass username and password will be required to connect
Mac OS X
NOTE - Windows 10 is not compatible with ICAirnet-Secure, please use ICAirnet or ResNet where appropriate.
Connecting to ICAirnet-Secure on Windows computers requires the installation of the EAP-GTC authentication protocol and a correctly configured wireless profile. To help automate the process please download the configuration files that matches your computer's architecture: (To check your architecture, right click computer, select properties and look for the system type entry.)
For 32-bit computers please download: ICAirnet-Secure 32 bit configuration
For 64-bit computers please download: ICAirnet-Secure 64 bit configuration
- Once your download completes extract the file and double click to open, if prompted allow the file to run.
- A black window will appear and install the required protocol and profile.
- Once the installation completes it is recommended that you reboot your computer.
- Once your computer finishes rebooting select the ICAirnet-Secure wireless network and click connect. You should be prompted to enter your Netpass username and password, leave the domain field blank, and click okay.
- Your computer should connect to the network and give you full internet access.
If you change your password, you will need to re-connect to ICAirnet-Secure with your new password. The ITS Service Desk in Job 104 is available to assist with ICAirnet-Secure configurations.
Mobile Devices - steps will vary by device
- In your wifi settings, connect to "ICAirnet-Secure"
- In the User Name/Identity field, enter your Netpass username
- In the Password field enter your Netpass password
- ICAirnet-Secure uses 802.1x EAP
- EAP method is PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication is GTC
- After changing your NetPass password, "forget" the ICAirnet-Secure network and reconnect
Other Operating Systems and Devices